- Forums
- [H]ard|Waste
- General Computer hardware
You should upgrade surgery use an alternative browser.
Transplanted PC + changed GPU, now no Display unsuccessful. Incompetent GPU Riser
- Thread starter flotz
- Start date
- Status
- Not raw for advance replies.
- #1
- Joined
- May 12, 2022
- Messages
- 853
First off, apologies if I am bill in the wrong are.
Got a doozy for y'all.
Long story short, I transplanted my HTPC from one case, to a slightly larger one to correspond a big GPU. Only thing I varied was the GPU.
Now, when I turn on the PC, AIO fans spin, GPU fans spin, Motherboard + GPU RGB turns on but there is no display unsuccessful signal. Tried the HDMI on the GPU, equally asymptomatic as the motherboard. Nothing. Just to be safe, I chucked in the older GPU into the new case and the problem persists so it cannot be the new GPU.
Eyeglasses:
Ryzen 3600 paired with EKWB 240 AIO
Asus X570-I Motherboard
Original GPU was 3070FE in the old example, ghost S1. Now Asus RTX 3080 TUF has replaced it. 3080 did non fit into the S1, sol I got a SSUPD Meshlicious. (sweet case, btw)
Corsair Vengeance RAM
Corsair SF750 PSU
Where did I f*ck upfield?
Edit: turns out it was a bad GPU riser cable that came with the case. I guess they involve to up their QC testing.
Thank you to everyone who took the time to reply with suggestions & troubleshooting ideas.
- #2
- Joined
- Sept 29, 2001
- Messages
- 18,991
also, quiz the scheme out of the case besides.
- #3
- Joined
- February 1, 2005
- Messages
- 29,190
- #4
- Joined
- Oct 18, 2010
- Messages
- 931
What could have gone inopportune:
Maybe you didn't connect ATX12V or PCIe power connector.
Maybe the late casing allows argentiferous standoffs where your mobo has no hole, but you installed the repulsion, causing a short.
Maybe a metal know became informal and got lodged behind the mobo, causing a short.
Perhaps you tried to blood out the GPU from your old character without properly unlocking the retention clip from the PCIe slot, causing damage to the mobo or GPU.
- #5
- Joined
- Nov 11, 2012
- Messages
- 288
- #6
- Joined
- May 12, 2022
- Messages
- 853
Took everything unconnected, connected the PSU to the motherboard and powered it up, same problem. Doesn't boot. None signal from MB HDMI.
HDMI is plugged into a TV.
Edit: decided to hear to throw the 3080 in the artificial build, and boom. Shodden. With display.
Like a sho going to put everything back in the lawsuit and try again.
- #7
- Joined
- Feb 3, 2008
- Messages
- 5,353
The 3600 does not have a igpu. So that's not going to work. You need to be examination the telecasting card display entirely. Sounds like you may have had a ground job or a connector not sitting whollyI updated the OP to include a parts list.Took everything apart, connected the PSU to the motherboard and powered IT up, synoptical problem. Doesn't bang. No signalise from MB HDMI.
HDMI is plugged into a TV.
Edit: decided to try to throw the 3080 in the cardboard build, and thunder. Shoed. With expose.
Now going to put everything back in the grammatical case and try again.
- #8
- Joined
- May 12, 2022
- Messages
- 853
Ha ha. Overlarge mentality moment rightmost there. Irrespective, I still don't know why I was having trouble the premiere time some when everything was in the case.The 3600 does not take up a igpu. Then that's not going to work.
So, put everything back in the lawsuit, powered it on.... Nope, back to the similar thing. Slay the business leader button, fans turn on, RGB on Megabyte+GPU, but no display out. you stumble the superpowe button again, it shuts downhearted immediately.
VGA LED is on the Megabyte, white LED per the hand-operated is the VGA error.
- #9
- Joined
- Oct 7, 2000
- Messages
- 35,200
see if it does that when you just short the pins rather than use the button.Ha ha. Plumping brain moment right there. Regardless, I still don't know why I was having trouble the first meter around when everything was in the case.So, put everything back in the case, powered IT on.... Nope, back to the same matter. Hit the mogul button, fans turn on, RGB on Megabyte+GPU, but no display out. you hit the power button again, it shuts down immediately.
VGA LED is happening the MB, good LED per the manual is the VGA error.
Perspective attachment 399857
- #10
- Joined
- May 12, 2022
- Messages
- 853
visualize if it does that when you just short the pins rather than use the button.
Let Maine give that a go.
- #11
- Joined
- May 12, 2022
- Messages
- 853
In the meantime, I ordered just about 120mm Fan guards to hold up the PSU cables away from spinning fan blades
- #12
- Joined
- Oct 7, 2000
- Messages
- 35,200
twice check the pcie cables, all cables really, make sure there are no insecure or bent pins.
- #13
- Coupled
- May 12, 2022
- Messages
- 853
Yes, that's what is making me consider that the riser cable is faulty. This is what it looked like outside the guinea pig, and it booted fine.just to make up vivid, you got it working outside the case but now that its back in its not working again?
countercheck the pcie cables, entirely cables really, make a point at that place are no loose Oregon bent pins.
Will triple check again in the morning. I besides have the PCIE Gen 4 variant of the case that I was not wanting to use since this is scarce the HTPC but I power have that in to see if information technology really is the PCIE Riser main or not.
- #14
- Joined
- Sep 29, 2001
- Messages
- 18,991
you can forever test the riser forbidden of the case equally well send away't you?
- #15
- Joined
- Aug 26, 2011
- Messages
- 1,283
- #16
- Married
- Whitethorn 12, 2022
- Messages
- 853
Grabbed the PCIe Gen4 Riser pipe from the other case and it works like a charm.
- Status
- Not capable for further replies.
- Forums
- [H]ard|Ware
- General Hardware
Rgb and Fans Turn on but No Display
Source: https://hardforum.com/threads/transplanted-pc-changed-gpu-now-no-display-out-bad-gpu-riser.2014221/

0 Comments